She holds a doctorate in Translation Theory, French Literature from Binghamton University, in New York. Her areas of research and teaching include:
- translation and localization technologies
- specialized translation for humanitarian organizations, social services and social justice
- specialized translation in new technologies
- theories of technological, social, and communications networks.
In the context of translation and localization, she focuses on
- teaching and training of online translation
- translation theory
- translation and literary translation theory
- North African drama and theatre
- and finally, the Romani translation.